Please post any questions or comments regarding a step of the Great-in-8 action plan in the corresponding section as listed to the right
Step 1: Reset
We will be adding answers to the most commonly asked questions about Step 1 of the Great-In-8 plan along with important information for troubleshooting this step here shortly.
Please post any questions or comments regarding this step below.
Q: If I am trying to get pregnant, currently pregnant or breastfeeding, what parts of the protocol should I modify?
A: First off, I want to emphasize that any and every decision made while trying to become pregnant, during pregnancy, or while nursing should be run by your OBGYN or PCP.
Here are some of my thoughts to be considered in the context of working with your doctor:
- Any dietary changes are likely fine. The low FODMAP diet has actually been shown in a pilot study to decrease infantile colic when the mother consumes a low FODMAP diet and is breastfeeding a colicky baby.
- The elemental diet is probably fine, but should be discussed with your doctor to confirm.
- As far as supplements go, fish oil, vitamin D, multivitamin, probiotics, prebiotics, and fiber are all likely fine.
- Adrenal support, hormonal support, and antimicrobials should be avoided.
- Regarding prokinetics, some are recommended against, so discuss with your OBGYN