How microbiome testing can create a personalized nutrition plan to control blood sugar with Lihi Segal.
Subscribe for future episodes
In This Episode
Day Two Test & Diet Plan Balances Blood Sugar … 00:05:26
Day Two Test & Diet Plan Scientific Validation … 00:14:52
How to Access Day Two Test & Diet Plan … 00:22:59
Risks of Blood Sugar Spikes … 00:26:21
Food Combining & Glycemic Index … 00:30:56
Day Two & IBS … 00:40:14
How to Use Day Two Test … 00:47:08
Day Two Test & Diet Plan
- Day Two uses full shotgun, deep sequencing of the gut microbiome via stool testing, and a machine learning algorithm to predict how a person will respond to the carbohydrates in food.
- The technology generates a personalized diet plan that will minimize blood sugar swings. Customers may also record baseline blood chemistry testing.
- Customers use an interactive app to track their food intake, and get a session with a dietician or nutritionist.
Day Two Scientific Validation
In several studies, Day Two test results were shown to accurately predict a diet that lowers blood sugar. The recommended diet reduced blood sugar and HbA1c levels better than the standard of care diet. (In one study, they compared the Mediterranean Diet, and in another, the American Diabetes Association diet recommendations.)   
Hi, everyone. Let’s talk about probiotics, which helped to make this podcast possible. Functional Medicine Formulations contains a line of probiotics that I personally developed, and I’m super excited to be able to offer you the same probiotics that I’ve been using in the clinic for years and are a byproduct of an extensive review of the literature plus my own clinical experience.
In this line, you will find my favorite three probiotics in all three of the main categories that work synergistically to help you fight dysbiosis, like SIBO, candida yeast, and H. pylori, help to eradicate parasites, help to reduce leaky gut and repair the gut barrier, and can improve gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and may even improve mood, skin, sleep, and thyroid function because of the far-reaching impact of the gut. You can learn more about these at drruscio.com/probiotics.
Who does the Day Two Test and Diet Plan help?
Day Two works best for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
It’s also helpful for:
- Weight loss
- Day Two may be helpful for IBS
How Does the Day Two Test Work?
- You collect a stool sample at home and complete a questionnaire.
- A machine learning algorithm uses your stool sample to recommend a customized diet plan. The test helps you to construct your own personalized glycemic index for foods you eat.
- The data is analyzed, and you are provided with a diet and dietician guidance, if needed.
Resources & Links (click to expand)