A deep dive into the use of FMT for improving the gut microbiota, reducing sugar cravings, and healing other non-digestive symptoms with Enid Taylor
Over 15 years ago, Enid Taylor founded the Taymount Clinic, which originally focused on gut health and colonic hydrotherapy. Flash forward to 2011, her clinic became the first in the northern hemisphere to specialize in Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT). In this episode, Enid Taylor shares how FMT became a main staple in her practice, what criteria she uses to determine who’s a good candidate for it, and what other health conditions beyond candida it’s helped her patients with. Listen in to hear the surprising benefits of FMT for gut and overall health.
Subscribe for future episodes
Hey everyone. We’ve had a number of people reach out and ask how to refer someone to our clinic and to make this easy, we created a page DrRuscio.com/referrals. And our office is happy to provide a referral source for challenging patients or clients working with people in a clinical setting is really at the core of what we do. So again, happy to help however we can.
Simply enter the person’s contact information and our office will take care of the rest. This probably goes without saying, but you can rest assured that the client or patient that you are referring will obtain progressive yet cautious care, care that is cost effective. We will not order unnecessary lab work.
We will not use copious amounts of supplements. Also, our care is devoid of overzealousness and fear mongering, and we use treatments that are science based and caused focused. That URL again is DrRuscio.com/referrals. And again, more than happy to help, however we can.
➕ Dr. Ruscio’s Notes
- Brain fog
- Flu-like symptoms
- Sugar cravings
Women’s Health and Candida
- Women appear to be more plagued with candida after taking antibiotics.
- Antibiotics can wipe out the healthy bacteria that affects sinus and vaginal health.
- For some, antifungal medication like Nystatin only offers temporary relief before candida comes back.
The High-Carb Candida Phenomenon
- Foods high in carbohydrates can:
- Be slightly addictive
- Be high in sugar
- Drive people to crave sugar and thus feed candida
FMT Prep Protocol
- A protocol must be followed for 1-2 months before a fecal microbiota transplant (FMT).
- A physical exam must be done prior to an FMT.
- An FMT typically requires a colonic.
FMT Success Stories
- Improved digestion
- Hand tremors diminished
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain decreased
- Birdshot Chorioretinopathy inflammation went down